This larger kit utilises the all-in-one Victron EasySolar system, combining a 100/50 MPPT controller, 1200W inverter 70A charger and AC distribution.
You could install this system in a motorhome as well as in a small home or workshop.
This kit is provided with:
• 4 x 175W Monocrystalline Solar Panel
• 1600VA EasySolar
• 2 x 110Ah AGM Deep Cycle batteries
• 2 x 1 metre of black & red 50mm² cable
• 2 x 30cm of black & red 50mm² cable
• Battery isolator switch
• 300A MEGA Fuse
• MEGA fuse holder
• Victron Battery Monitor
• 2 x pair of MC4 connectors
• Low voltage-temperature coefficient enhances high-temperature operation.
• Exceptional low-light performance and high sensitivity to light across the entire solar spectrum.
• 25-Year limited warranty on power output and performance.
• 5-Year Limited warranty on materials and workmanship.
• Sealed, waterproof, multifunctional junction box gives high level of safety.
• High performance bypass diodes minimize the power drop caused by shade.
• Advanced EVA (Ethylene Vinyl Acetate) encapsulation system with triple-layer back sheet meets the most stringent safety requirements for high-voltage operation.
• A sturdy, anodized aluminium frame allows modules to be easily roof-mounted with a variety of standard mounting systems.
• Highest quality, high-transmission tempered glass provides enhanced stiffness and impact resistance.
• Pre wired quick-connect system with PV-ST01 connectors.
All-in-one solar power solution
The EasySolar combines a MPPT solar charge controller, an inverter/charger and AC distribution in one enclosure. The product is easy to install, with a minimum of wiring.
The solar charge controller: Blue Solar MPPT 100/50
Up to three strings of PV panels can be connected to three sets of MC4 (PV-ST01) PV connectors.
The inverter/charger: MultiPlus Compact 12/1600/70
The MPPT charge controller and the MultiPlus Compact inverter/charger share the DC battery cables (included). The batteries can be charged with solar power (SmartSolar MPPT) and/or with AC power (inverter/charger) from the utility grid or a genset.
The AC distribution consists of a RCD (30 mA/16 A) and four AC outputs protected by two 10A and two 16A circuit breakers. One 16A output is controlled by the AC input: it will switch on only when AC is available.
Unique PowerAssist technology protects the utility or generator supply from being overloaded by adding extra inverter power when needed.
Unique solar application software
Several software programs (Assistants) are available to configure the system for various grid interactive or stand-alone applications
VRLA stands for Valve Regulated Lead Acid, which means that the batteries are sealed. Gas will escape through the safety valves only in case of overcharging or cell failure. VRLA batteries are maintenance free for life.
Sealed (VRLA) AGM Batteries
AGM stands for Absorbent Glass Mat. In these batteries the electrolyte is absorbed into a glass-fibre mat between the plates by capillary action. As explained in our book 'Energy Unlimited', AGM batteries are more suitable for short-time delivery of high currents than gel batteries.
Because of the use of lead calcium grids and high purity materials, Victron VRLA batteries can be stored during long periods of time without recharge. The rate of self-discharge is less than 2% per month at 20°C. The self-discharge doubles for every increase in temperature by 10°C. Victron VRLA batteries can therefore be stored for up to a year without recharging, if kept under cool conditions.
Exceptional Deep Discharge Recovery
Victron VRLA batteries have exceptional discharge recovery, even after deep or prolonged discharge.
Nevertheless repeatedly deep and prolonged discharge has a very negative effect on the service life of all lead acid batteries,Victron batteries are no exception.
Battery Discharging Characteristics
The rated capacity of Victron AGM and Gel Deep Cycle batteries refers to 20 hour discharge, in other words: a discharge current of 0.05 C. The rated capacity of Victron Tubular Plate Long Life batteries refers to 10 hours discharge.
The effective capacity decreases with increasing discharge current. Please note that the capacity reduction will be even faster in case of a constant power load, such as an inverter.
This kit can be expanded upon to provide more power and storage - contact us for more details if required